Barcelona, Spain, 28th February 2017
A highly interesting NGMN Press & Industry Briefing took place on Day 2 of Mobile World Congress 2017. The Briefing was headed by Johan Wibergh, Group CTO, Vodafone and NGMN Chairman of the Board, the host Bruno Jacobfeuerborn, Group CTO, Deutsche Telekom, as well as Peter Meissner, CEO of NGMN. The following panellists rounded off the group, representing the regions Asia, Europe and Americas:
- Liu Guangyi (CTO of Wireless Department, China Mobile)
- Alain Maloberti (SVP, Orange Lab Networks, Orange)
- YongGyoo Lee (Senior Vice President Network Strategy Business Unit, KT)
- Günther Ottendorfer (COO, Sprint)
- Vijay Perumbeti (AVP, Standards and Industry Alliances, AT&T)
The NGMN Board executives revealed to the intrigued audience of over 120 people the new key activities of the NGMN work programme and outlined guidelines and business considerations to address the upcoming challenges and to reach the envisaged 5G service and performance objectives.
The audience included further NGMN Board Directors, top management representatives of NGMN industry and research partners as well as international analysts and press representatives. Many interesting questions were asked e.g. on spectrum requirements, the NGMN IPR framework and 5G use cases.
Thank you to Deutsche Telekom for hosting the NGMN Press & Industry Briefing at MWC 2017!