NGMN Announces new Chairman and Board Members
Frankfurt, Germany, November 08, 2018
The Next Generation Mobile Networks (NGMN) Alliance - which drives and guides the development of future mobile broadband technology with strong focus on 5G – has announced its new Chairman and additions to its Board alongside the prioritisation of several key projects leading into 2019.
Peter Meissner, CEO of NGMN, said: “We are delighted to welcome Emmanuel Lugagne Delpon as our new Board Chairman for 2018 to 2020. Emmanuel, Senior Vice President of Orange Labs Networks, brings substantial management and strategic competence as well as a strong background in IT and Telecommunications to the Board. We are looking forward to his leadership and guidance as we embark on commercialisation of 5G and further strengthening NGMN’s impact”.
Emmanuel Lugagne Delpon, said: “I am excited to be leading the Board at such a challenging time for 5G development and eager to steer NGMN's strategy to cope with these challenges. The work NGMN does for the mobile ecosystem is impressive in its scope and ambition and I am fully committed to continue the Alliance’s valuable work together with my Board colleagues”.
In its Board meeting NGMN has also emphasized the importance of several key activities, which will be critical to the ongoing development and ultimately the deployment of 5G around the world. Among these flagship projects are the Trial and Testing Initiative, Vertical URLLC Requirements, E2E 5G Security, Telco Cloud and NFVI, Rural Coverage and Spectrum and Deployment Efficiency.
This news comes during the successful NGMN Industry Conference & Exhibition, the Alliance’s 7th, being held in Vancouver, Canada and concluding today. The conference has already attracted more than 400 visitors and is exploring the latest technology and thought leadership in 5G mobile broadband.
NGMN Board for 2018-2020
Chairman: Emmanuel Lugagne Delpon (SVP, Orange Labs Networks)
- Igal Elbaz (SVP, Wireless Network Architecture & Design, AT&T Services)
- Wolfgang Fleischer (Head of Network Virtualization, A1 Group)
- Bruce Rodin (VP Wireless Networks, Bell Canada)
- Howard Watson (Group CTIO, BT)
- Mdm. Huang Yuhong (Deputy General Manager China Mobile Research Institute, China Mobile)
- Mdm. Hey-Chyi Young (VP of Chunghwa Telecom Labs, Chunghwa Telecom)
- Arash Ashouriha (SVP Group Technology Architecture & Innovation & Deputy CTO, Deutsche Telekom)
- Paul Berriman (Group CTO, Hongkong Telecom)
- Tom Poelhekken (CTO, KPN)
- Seong-Mok Oh (President and Head of Network Group, KT)
- Maqbool Aliani (SVP Spectrum Standards & Technology, Ligado)
- Babak Fouladi (CTIO, MTN)
- Peter Meissner (CEO, NGMN Alliance)
- Seizo Onoe (Chief Technology Architect, NTT DOCOMO and President DOCOMO Technology)
- Jorge Fernandes (CTO, Rogers)
- Mark Chin Kok Chong (Group CTO, Singtel)
- Sungho Jo (Senior Director, Head of Access Network Lab, SK Telecom)
- Czar Christopher Lopez (Head of Technology Strategy & Transformation Office, Smart)
- Ron Marquardt (VP of Technology Innovation & Architecture, Sprint)
- Andrea Calvi (Head of Technology Evolution & Innovation, TIM)
- Thomas Björklund (Group CTO, Tele2)
- Bernard Bureau (VP 5G Spectrum and Wireless Networks, TELUS)
- Neville Ray (EVP & CTO, T-Mobile US)
- Gediz Sezgin (Chief Network Technologies Officer, Turkcell)
- Michael Irizarry (EVP & CTO Engineering and Information Services, US Cellular)
- Yogesh Malik (Group CTO, Veon)
- Johan Wibergh (Group CTO, Vodafone)